These are Plum-IT Services Limited’s Terms & Conditions. They tell you:
- The rules for using our services
- What you can expect from Plum-IT Services Limited
- Your rights and responsibilities
When These Terms Apply
The latest version always applies, and we’ll usually only make updates when we offer a new service, change how we provide a service, or have to comply with a new legal requirement.
What Do We Mean by “Services”?
Anything offered by Plum-IT Services Limited, across all the services we cover (Plumbing, Heating, Bathrooms, Renewables and Commercial):
- Project Work
For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words have the following meanings:
- “Us/We/Our” refers to Plum-IT Services Limited.
- “You” refers to you: the customer (the person or organisation for whom we agree to carry out work and/or supply or materials).
We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work.
Hourly Rate Work
The total charge to you will consist of the cost(s) of:
- Labour (the amount of time spent by us carrying out work) including all reasonable time spent in obtaining non-stocked materials, charged in accordance with our current hourly rates
- Materials supplied by us
You will only be charged for the time spent related to your work. All other time, i.e. lunch breaks, is non-chargeable. All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate, except in cases where the work carried out is zero rated.
Fixed Price Work
The total charge to you will be given as a firm cost (manifest errors exempted), inclusive of labour & materials. All costs are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
Where a Quote has been supplied to you, the total charge outlined in the Quote may be revised in the following circumstances:
- If, after submission of the Quote, you instruct us (in writing or verbally) to carry out additional work not referred to in the Quote.
- If, after submission of the Quote, there is an increase in the price of materials.
- If, after submission of the Quote, it is discovered that further work needs to be carried out which were not anticipated when the Quote was prepared.
- If, after submission of the Quote, it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the Quote was prepared.
We will not be under any obligation to provide a Quote to you and will only be bound by Quotes given in writing to you and accepted by an authorised representative. We will not be bound by any Quotes given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
Offers & Incentives
Occasionally, at our discretion, we promote a selection of offers and incentives, these will be clearly defined including any specific terms & conditions.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable, however:
- Time taken will be kept to a minimum and within reason and should not exceed 45 minutes.
- In the unforeseen circumstances that the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes you will receive prior notification of the reason.
Invoices & Payment
Upon completion of work you will be invoiced, for which payment is due within 7 days of the invoice date. Plum-IT Services Limited reserves the right to accrue and charge interest on any part of an invoice which remains unpaid at a rate of 4% over the base rate until payment is received by us in full.
You accept sole liability to make payment in full, unless you disclose when initially instructing us, to carry out work and/or supply materials that you are acting on behalf of a third party.
Where the date and/or time for work to be carried out is agreed, we will use reasonable endeavour to ensure that we attend accordingly. We accept no liability in respect of the late or non-delivery of materials.
We will not be liable for any delay, or for the consequences of any delay, in performing any of our obligations if such delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, and we will be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
If you need to cancel (or rearrange) your booking, you must notify us (preferably by telephone) by the end of the working day before the scheduled booking. Cancellations made further in advance should also be made by telephone.
If you cancel your instructions more immediately prior to work being carried out, or materials being supplied, you will be liable for the cost of any time and materials incurred by us, together with the profit that would have been made by us, in accordance with the original instructions.
Plum-IT Services Limited are committed to providing professional, top quality service to every customer. If, after we have carried out the work, you are not wholly satisfied with our service(s) you must provide us with written notice within 12 months. You must allow us, and our insurers, the opportunity to both inspect and carry out remedial work where appropriate. If you fail to notify us, as outlined above, then we will not be liable in respect of any defects in the work carried out.
For your peace of mind, we provide a 12 month guarantee on labour carried out by Plum-IT Services Limited, in respect of faulty workmanship only. This is active from the date of completion of work, in addition to any manufacturer’s warranty/warranties.
The guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by us is:
- Subject to misuse or negligence.
- Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than Plum-IT Services Limited. We will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by you & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
We will not guarantee any work in respect of:
- Blockages in waste or drainage systems.
- Any work undertaken on instruction from you and against the written or verbal advice of us
Work is only guaranteed in respect of work directly undertaken by us and full payment having been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by us will not be guaranteed.
Where we agree to carry out work on installations of inferior quality (or over ten years old) no warranty is given in respect of such work and we accept no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such work or otherwise.
We will only be liable for rectifying our own guaranteed work, and will not be held responsible for any ensuing damage or claims resulting from other work overlooked or subsequently requested and not undertaken at the time.
We will not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed, or where recommended work has not been carried out.
We shall not be held liable for any delay, or consequences of any delay, in performing our obligations if such a delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
You will be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of the OFTEC or Gas Safe Regulations issued by Plum-IT Services Limited.
We operate under our own individual OFTEC and Gas Safe Registration and, as such, are solely responsible for any oil or gas related work and subsequent liability.
Title to Goods
Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises, shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain our property we have the absolute authority to:
- Retake, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all or any part of these goods.
- Enter any premises, at any time and without notice, in which goods or any part thereof is installed, stored or kept, or is reasonably believed so to be.
- Seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods.
The risk in such goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value, and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured.
These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by notification in writing signed by a duly authorised representative and you. Our terms and conditions will prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions, and all contracts awarded between us and you, shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
Plum-IT Services Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number: 10060967
Our registered office and main trading address is: 41 East Sands, Burbage, Wiltshire, SN8 3AN
Our registered VAT number is: 236131928